- The Town of Trenton, incorporated in 1789, did not have an organized fire department until 1958.
- The fire department’s first fire engine, a 1942 Oren, was purchased from Acadia National Park.
- The fire department is a completely volunteer organization whose fire chief is appointed by the town.
- The volunteers of the fire department train throughout each year and educate themselves on updated firefighting tactics and techniques.
- The firefighters of the department are fully qualified by the State of Maine and train annually to maintain their qualifications.
- The equipment used by the fire department meet or exceed national firefighting and safety standards.
- Our community is important to us. We participate in community gatherings, town meetings, fire prevention activities, and are invited to escort various US veterans groups. Our full list of community involvement activities can be found HERE.